DX Smooth Bump Shield Daily Treatment Cream is a multi-purpose, daily moisturiser and razor bump solution with active ingredients that treat and reduce shaving problems on the face, neck and the sensitive skin on the back of the head. Specially formulated for men, the alcohol-free lotion contains hydrating moisturisers to relieve dry and itchy skin associated with shaving. Carefully selected actives reduce the irritation, inflammation and swelling associated with razor bumps and ingrown hairs, while gentle exfoliation encourages the growth of healthy new skin cells, revealing lighter, brighter skin. Anti-microbial ingredients destroy harmful bacteria and promote skin health. Supple, smooth, clear skin in one great product. For optimum benefit, DX Smooth Bump Shield Daily Treatment Cream should be used twice daily and form part of a regular skin care routine.
- DX Smooth Bump Shield Daily Treatment Cream is a multi-action, alcohol-free razor bump solution, especially formulated for men
- The product is made up from carefully selected ingredients to help resolve shaving problems, resulting in brighter, more even tone skin
- The actives in this advanced formulation soothe irritated skin, and reduce the inflammation and swelling associated with razor bumps and ingrown hairs
- Moisturisers relieve the dryness and itchiness associated with shaving; hydrating, protecting and maintaining healthy skin
- Salicylic acid gently exfoliates the skin, encouraging the growth of healthy new skin cells, while antimicrobial action kills harmful bacteria
- When used as part of a daily skin care routine, these benefits work collectively to deliver smoother, clearer skin
After shaving, some hairs don’t grow out of the skin and instead, curl inside the follicle under the skin's surface.
Razor bumps form when a hair that has grown out of the skin curls down and becomes trapped in a nearby follicle.
THE DX SMOOTH 4-STEP RULE TO A GREAT SHAVE
- Prepare your skin by gently wiping with a moist warm towel or facecloth. Washing with a circular motion can help to dislodge ingrown hairs.
- Use a lubricating shaving gel or foam to soften the hairs before cutting.
- Shave using a single blade razor ‘along the grain’, following the direction of hair growth without stretching the skin and rinse the blade after each stroke.
- If using clippers, ensure these are kept clean to stop risk of infection. Avoid use of harsh products such as spirits, which will cause severe dry skin and irritation.
- After shaving, apply a gentle, alcohol-free after shave like DX Smooth Bump Shield Daily Treatment Cream.
OUR EXPERT RECOMMENDS
"It is advisable to use a single blade razor, rather than a multi-blade razor and use the right technique. Alternatively, try clippers set at different levels. You may
get better results if you leave hair one or two millimetres long. To treat iqwele and to improve your skin’s tolerance to shaving, avoid the use of products with high
alcohol content, as these cause dry skin and irritation." Dr Ncoza Dlova, Principal Specialist and Lecturer at the Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN